Wednesday 2 March 2011

Meeting with Academic Supervisor 01/03/11

From our afternoon meeting, we talked about how I got on working between with experimenting in UDK and developing my robot character completely in 2D. And I've talked to Lynn about how I've explored into the basic structures for the dissertation based on one of the last year student's dissertation (from the Blackboard system).

We then discussed about the action points that I am required to focus on until our next meeting (probably by sometime next week).

Agreed Action Points
  • Create a rough dissertation structure in a Word Document along with samples of quotes/references in each chapter.
  • Continue with 2D work on the robot character in sketchbook, and work on color tests for the 2D character in Photoshop.
  • Finish the poster for hiring an animator and hang them up in the Whitespace area.
  • Make a 2D and 3D pipeline list along with details about each task in the pipeline.
  • Create a UDK development plan for April.
  • Discuss the Learning Contract in next meeting.

So for the next few days, I need to stay focus on my 2D character developments as strongly advised by Lynn and avoid spending too much time in UDK (but instead explore in UKD on my spare time from my character developments). I also need to get started in writing up my rough dissertation draft (mainley the structure), and begin posting my topic on the limited online forums based on my final draft of the 3D concept art theory topic, in order to gather any participants to join in the discussion group and hopefully gain some feedbacks about my project's research question and theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment