Monday 28 March 2011

2 Rough 3D Concepts in ZBrush

This afternoon, I've got started on developing the rough detailed meshed on the two chosen designd from the eight silhouettes (Silhouette No. 3 and No. 7).
I've firstly made some updates on their zspheres to make them look better and suitable in their own appearances, especially the hands as I've increased the zspheres size.
When the updates were done, I then move on to forming the rough meshes for each chosen concept by using ZSketch on their zspheres as a sculpting method to create rough meshes (including the formation of the character's muscle structures). Through this, I found it very effective to develop, and with my graphics tablet, I can simply create the extra meshes on the character's original zsphere mesh with smooth and precice with thepressure sketch sensivity (acts like a pencil to draw lightly or hard on the surface).
Finally, I then set both the zsphere character forms into a base mesh, and worked on smoothing and adding more meshes to the character in their high subdivision forms (subdivision level 3).
I still need to add some props from Maya, such as cloths and a weapon (in low poly forms) for the two meshes in ZBrush, and see which of the two rough designs I will go for towards highly detailed developments.

Rough Monster Character No. 1 (Silhouette 3)


Rough Monster Character No. 2 (Silhouette 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment