Wednesday 20 April 2011

The complete colour tests for Character No. 3

The colour tests for Character No. 3 has finally been completed as two versions were done from ZBrush's polypaint and another two from Photoshop.


Colour Test No. 1 (ZBrush Polypaint)


Colour Test No. 2 (ZBrush Polypaint)



Colour Test No. 3 (Photoshop)



Colour Test No. 4 (Photoshop)



From the overall results for this process, I found that it's better to use polypaint in ZBrush to for colour blocking onto the 3D model. However, I also found that I can use Photoshop to simply apply rough texttures and any typography on the rendered image to make the concept look more efficient and appealing. So I again would prefer to use polypaint to work on the colour tests, and also only use Photoshop for the texture developments during the colour test stage.

1 comment:

  1. I like the 1st colour test.. but I think the orange version stands out more...

    ReplyDelete