Thursday 12 May 2011

Meeting with Academic Supervisor 11/05/11 and Final Forth Character Developments

From yesterday evening, I've had a short meeting with Lynn as I've shown her my further developments on my forth character including UV and Normal mappig, and colour and texture tests between ZBrush and Photoshop. When I've shown her my texture tests for the black colour scheme concept, she kindly noted that it's looks more like the Tron character rather than being my own design, and I'm required to keep the character seperated from the Tron version (probably because I've selected the black colour scheme and added orange lines on the character's costume).

So with this issue, I then decided to quickly develop another two texture tests for a blue coloured version of the character as I thought that this colour would go well as an energy powered hero, and it's seperated from the Tron character.

This afternoon, I've finally finished the texture developments for the character along with setting up a final image based on a range of render passes and combined these images in Photoshop, and also added some energy effects to make the image stand out well. I've also managed to set up the character's action pose with the Transpose Master tool in ZBrush.

And once the ZBrush and Photoshop developments were done, I quickly went into Maya to test the UV and Normal Map textures on the Low Poly Model. I'm proud to say that the render tests were sucessfull, and I then took snapshots of the rendered image from Maya.

All that leaves to is to finish off the showreel and arranging all my development files for each character developments before I would burn them on a DVD.

New Texture Test 1

New Texture Test 2

Action Pose Image

Final Concept Image

UV Map 1 (Body)

UV Map 2 (Armor)

UV Map 3 (Mechanical Parts)

Normal Map (Body)

Render Tests from Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment