Wednesday 9 February 2011

Chosen 3D Packages and Headus UVLayout

I've been exploring into what types of 3D packages and plugins that would be ideal towards the practical stage in my project.

I've decided that it would be best for me to focus mainly in using 3D packages like Maya for basic modeling and ZBrush for sculpting/high poly modeling. I'll also explore into UDK as again the chosen game engine application for render and animation tests, and also try out some tutorials before I would come to work on the render tests stage.

While I was still researching and taking notes from books/articles for the dissertation, I've discovered one of the useful application that would be beneficial towards working on the model's UV map. It's called Headus UVLayout, and I've learned that using this application can be easier to create your UV map for any model from Maya or 3DS Max. This may also save time for me to UV map all of my four characters (possibly in one day). So what I can do is while I'll be working on some tutorials for ZBrush and UDK in the next 2 weeks, I can download the trail version of the application from the website and experiment with it on a basic character mesh to see if it's really good to use rather than doing it in Maya. If it does turn out to be helpful, then I could consider to buying the full version and use this application during the production stage of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment