Tuesday 9 November 2010

Research Question Refined 2

I've had a meeting with Gordon Brown this morning, and he does like my plans about investigating on how concept art can be created in 3D, but in order for to do this, he strongly advises me to try out a 3D modeling/sculpting software "zbrush" as this is the type of technology that would be ideal and helpful for me to research and investigate on this project. He gave me some suggestions of tasks that I can work on for my project:

  • Model 3 Characters (each with their own theme and genre).
  • Lighting/game engine render (Marmoset Toolbag or UDK).
  • Still Images of each character in their own poses.

He also suggests some areas stages for character developments in 3D:

  1. Quick 2D sketch
  2. 3D Concept
  3. High Poly Model
  4. Low Poly Model retopology
  5. Texture

I've altered the research question just to make it sound better and appealing for my honours project:

"In theory of concept development process, is there an advantage on creating concept art in 3D?"

But the aims and Objectives still remains the same as they are related to the research question above and the investigation for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment